Seattle Houseboats Presents
NWMLS #1852217 ~ $425,000
About ‘Real Quiet’ a Haggard built Houseboat
Welcome aboard ‘Real Quiet’ another Haggard Houseboats a custom-built Seattle Houseboat. Featured in the 2021 Spring Design Issue of Seattle Times Pacific NW Magazine. Many features~varnished Western Red Cedar interior, Douglas Fir finishes throughout includes~nail down hardwood floors, ceiling beams, car decking ceiling, dinette & tabletop. Kitchen features stainless steel pounded countertops, Beko SS refrigerator, subway tile backsplash w/teak wrapped trim. Enjoy soaking in the 4′ Japanese soaking tub, bedroom has space for the queen size bed. Huge cargo storage space on this gem with a rooftop deck to enjoy sunsets.
Fully Staged by: Hunter Wilmovsky (contact me for her contact info)
Year Built – 2021
Launched early October 2021 and is the 9th Seattle houseboat built by Haggard Houseboats since 2006. Real Quiet was featured in the Spring Design issue of Seattle Times Pacific NW Magazine 2021.
Square Feet – As I have always said, with a houseboat “It’s All About The Square Inches”
FOWR (Floating On-Water Residence) Number – #883
The city of Seattle prohibits bringing new houseboats into the city and our houseboats are capped at approximately 230. The only way to have a houseboat in Seattle is, you would have had to be on the water as a liveaboard prior to July 1, 2014. We are however permitted to replace with new construction by obtaining permit approval by DCI (Department of Construction & Inspection). This houseboat is one of the new permitted structures approved by DCI.
Hull Type/Dimensions – Steel – 40’ X 12’
This hull type is among the preferred styles for minimal maintenance and brand new construction of quarter-inch steel built-in 2020 by Marlin Barges from Madison, Indiana. Marlin Barges are USCG certified deck barge builders.
A barge style hull has excellent stability for comfort. Additionally, the cargo holds a great place for additional storage.
Mechanical & Finishes –
- Bilge Pumps: There are two 220 HP Johnson SPXFlow pumps installed in September 2021
- Black Water Tank is 65 gallons, Ronco custom tank located in the cargo hold at the center of hull platforms for easy access
- Electrical service is 30 amp with Dyno 12v battery and a Noco genius Gen 1 Battery Charger
- Electric Three King Electric Wall Heaters
- Washer/Dryer hookups available in cargo space and laundry facilities at Marina
- Range/Oven is a Suburban Propane Stove/Oven with 3 burners
- Refrigerator/Freezer Beko Stainless Steel
- Exterior Siding Material is Cedar lap
- Exterior Roofing Material is Gaco Flex U66 Polyurethane Membrane
Marina Location: NICKERSON MARINA
- 1080 W Ewing Pl, Seattle, WA
- Tel: (206) 285-0477
Slip fees and amenities:
- Monthly Rental Slip Rate – $750 /mo – liveaboard fee $250 /mo
- Utilities included – Water
- Garbage($10), electric metered additional
- Mailbox Onsite – Waiting list
- VERIFIED LEASE CAN TRANSFER – Yes
- Liveaboard – Monthly Fee $250
- Storage (onsite) Waiting List
- Marina Amenities:
- Parking – Yes/No fee
- Washer/Dryer – Laundry on-site
- Bathrooms and Showers on-site
- Package collection recommend amazon lockers Not secure for packages at Nickerson marina
- No Pets / No Rentals
- Cable – Comcast
- Internet – Comcast
Lending is available and you will want to be sure your buyer has their pre-approval prior to writing an offer and potentially before showing floating properties, as the lending is very different. Allow at least 45 days, especially if the houseboat must be hauled out of the water for hull inspections.
The lender for a houseboat (FOWR- Floating On-Water Residence): Sound Community Bank
- David A. Raney VP
- 2001 5th Ave. Seattle, WA 98121
- Office Phone: (206) 436-8574
Closing Agent for ALL Floating Properties is Specialized and closed through:
- Assemble Law Group
- Forrest Carlson
- 2633 Eastlake Ave E, Suite 207
- Seattle, WA 98102
- Office Phone (206) 631-9575
Houseboats (FOWR’s) must be inspected by a Marine Surveyor, who will also do the Valuation for the lender and insurance. Both the lender and insurance will receive the entire report, unlike a residential inspection and can opt not to finance or insure based on any critical item in the report.
Contact me for recommendations for Marine Surveyor who specializes in FOWR’s:
All FOWR’s (Floating On-Water Residences) will close on the King County Personal Property Tax roll as a floating home and taxes will be assessed in the next cycle or as time allows for the KC assessor to view and value the FOWR. In some cases, the property may already have a KC Tax ID, and taxes will already be assed. NOTE: The change went into effect in 2017 per new rules with DOL and floating properties clearly not a vessel and built as an overwater residence.
There are a very small number of FOWR’s that will maintain vessel status and close as a vessel.
Sellers will register the FOWR on the King County Personal Tax and obtain a Tax ID # after all contingencies are waived just prior to closing. (Except VDU’s)
Buyers DO NOT pay sales tax.
All fenders, mooring lines and propane tanks should remain with the houseboat at closing.
All sellers should do the final black water (waste) pump out at closing and buyers must establish a pump-out service plan by closing.
All buyers must arrange a moorage lease with the marina after the inspection has been accepted and waived as a contingency.
Contact me for necessary houseboat contacts, such are Insurance Brokers, Marina Contacts, ShipYard, Dive services, etc… Happy to assist!